Sulk, pout, cry, stomp feet......well you might have guessed from that little tantrum that I had a gain this week. It was only 0.1kg but still a gain and I'm not happy. So it seems that the past few weeks of birthdays have caught up. So what did I do yesterday, had cake, lollies, chips and left over chocolate (from decorating the cake). It was Nic's 3rd birthday and we all had so much fun but we did over indulge somewhat. I did however stick to not having a glass of wine. Only 1 week left of my self imposed 6 week ban and then I will allow myself the occasional drink, although I'm not really missing it.
I'm going to have to work my butt off this week so I don't get another gain. Not to mention my best friend has bet me $5 that I will lose 1.3kg this week. Obviously if I do lose that amount I'm not going to take her money, but it's good motivation to stay on track.
We bought Nicholas a trampoline for his birthday, it's so much fun getting to play like that again. Not only is it fun but 10mins of good jumping is like a 30 min run. So I'll be out there everyday now doing some exercise. We even got my mum on it yesterday, her first time ever jumping on a trampoline.
Well after weeks of bad behaviour, tantrums etc we seem to have turned a corner this week. Not only has Nicholas turned 3 but he has been an absolute angel all week. It really makes a difference to my mood when I have a happy child so I hope it stays like this. As well as it being his birthday yesterday it it was also a big milestone for Nic moving into his racing car bed from his cot. At first he didn't want to and had his milk in his cot but then he said he was ready to sleep in the big boy bed. It took a while to get him to stop playing with the toys and I'd let him go to bed with a torch that has dinosaurs projected onto the wall but he dosed off just after 9pm. He moved all over the place in his cot so it may take some getting used to so he doesn't donk his head on the sides (in the cot is a padded airwrap around the bars). He's gone down for his nap today in his cot (or as he says his baby room) but has said he will sleep in the car bed tonight. I don't want to push him and make it a stressful thing, he'll get there when he's ready.

No comments:
Post a Comment