So this is day 5 of Lite n' Easy and I have to say I am really enjoying it. The meals have all been nice so far and the variety is fantastic. The best bit is that I don't have to cook or think about planning, measuring & counting points. I've been weighing myself on a daily basis which I know is bad but I just can't help myself. Once I get this first weeks loss recorded I'll go back to weighing in first thing Saturday mornings.
Now the downer, due to the flooding happening around Brisbane Lite n' Easy cannot make deliveries this week. They have stated that they hope deliveries resume next week and will give an update tomorrow. I'm going to call them and see if pickup is available as they are located not too far from home. In the scheme of what is going on with the flooding around town it's not a big deal but I feel like I'd be back to square one. After 1 week I know I don't have the strength yet to stay on track. The alternative I'm thinking is to buy Lean Cuisine/Weight Watchers meals at the supermarket and duplicating the breakfasts & lunches as close as possible on my own.
Also with all this rain I wasn't able to get out and exercise like planned. We do have a big boxing bag as well as sparing gloves so this is something that I can do in the evenings with Ian.
I was a bit stressed yesterday with the flooding situation. While I felt confident that our house wasn't at risk, I was concerned for family & friends that were. Ian came home early which was a relief. The rain was very light at that time so I ventured to the shops to get bread & milk. The little local Coles was packed, there was no bread and people were in a panic. This rubbed off on me, and my first instinct was to grab a Bounty bar, my favourite chocolate. I stuffed myself with it on my trip home :-( Being an emotional eater I normally feel a sense of relief in situations like this but this time all I felt was guilt. If you are familiar with Bounty bars you would know it comes in pieces. I'd finished the first piece and knew I should just throw the other piece away but I just ate it for the sake of eating it. I didn't even really enjoy the taste. I felt guilt about this for a while and starting stressing again. I felt that if I couldn't stick to the plan strictly for the first week, how on earth could I do it long term. What I realised is that it's ok to have that one treat or special meal a week, just so long as you get back on track the next day. This thinking worked well for me while doing Weight Watches, in fact it was usually between 1-3 treats a week.
I've also decided that I'm not going to drink any alcohol until April. I'm not a big drinker anyway (most of the time ;-) ) so it won't be a problem. Drinking water has been fun, not. I'm getting to the point that my body is craving it again and the trips to the toilet are slowly reducing LOL. The first 3 days were just ridiculous, I must have been going every 5-10mins.
Off topic, my little man starts back at daycare tomorrow. He's actually excited about it, which is a huge relief. He will be moving up to the Kindy room which accesses the huge playground (it's really amazing, I wish I was a kid again). The poor poppet has been wanting to go up there ever since he started back in May. As for my plans tomorrow, I'm going to get a treatment put in my hair at lunch time, and then head to the shops looking for some items required for his birthday.

The punching bag is a great idea for exercise! Well done on coming up with an alternative to the delivery problem rather than just going back to old eating habits. It shows you're in the right frame of mind :)
ReplyDelete