Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A fresh perspective

So today's daily challenge is to get a family member or friend to name two of your strengths or talents.  I emailed my best friend and also asked Ian what they thought.  A bit funny that they had the same answer, so I will paste the response from my friend.

1. Being a mum.  I watch you with Nicholas and you are one of the most caring, attentive mum's I know.  You never fob him off and ignore him.  You have endless patience.


2. Cooking. Everything you cook looks amazing.  I only wish I wasn't gluten intolerant to I could taste it all!  (although Ian just said cooking desserts/sweets so I guess I'm not good at dinners - which I agree with).

I often struggle with the thought that I am not doing enough to be a good mum, so it's reassuring to hear it from others that they think I am.  He really is a great little boy and I love him dearly <3

Tonight's meal will be our last that I have to cook - yay!!  I'm taking the easy way out and have just put a silverside in the slow cooker and will have it with mashed potato & vegetables.  Poor Ian was hoping we would get take-away Indian or Chinese.

No comments:

Post a Comment