Monday, January 24, 2011

Going off track

This week sees us back on L&E, but I'm actually having a hard time sticking to it.

First there was Sunday, Nic & I went to the Rhymes Festival.  I packed my snacks and food for Nic, I made sure he ate all his but neglected myself so I didn't slow us down.  So I had L&E for breakfast and then all I had until dinner was a Boost Juice.  Next was a bbq at my parents place with some friends and I lost control.  Instead of just having meat & salad I pilled it on a big bread roll, thankfully there was no potato bake - I have a weakness for my mums potato bake and I'm sure I would have had a huge helping.  I did have some self control and stopped eating dessert half way through (ice-cream & warm chocolate brownie).  Monday I found myself having a chocolate chip cookie with Nic but stuck to everything else.  Today I had morning tea with friends and had a delicious vanilla bean white hot chocolate and no cake.  I haven't drunk near enough water, probably only 1 litre.  I'm about to have my dinner at 5:30 so I can go to my sisters work fundraising function on a full stomach (and not be tempted by any of the goodies being made).

I've just heard today that a friend has been told by her doctor that she needs to lose 23kg or have surgery for a health issue.  I'm a little surprised that the doctor didn't encourage her to try and do it via eating healthy (she exercises heaps) instead of just prescribing Duramine.  I'm paranoid about medications and wont even take a panadol or nurofen until my headache or pain is really bad.

Australia Day tomorrow and we will spend a good portion back at my parents painting Nic's car bed but then we'll head to the Aussie Arvo for the evening and watch the fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment